You’ve been looking forward to this day for 6 months to a year; or, if you’re like most brides, maybe even more. It’s almost your... Read More
You’ve been looking forward to this day for 6 months to a year; or, if you’re like most brides, maybe even more.
It’s almost your wedding day!
The time has finally come for you and your special someone to tie the knot. After all of the planning and decision-making, you probably feel a little overwhelmed and scattered. You certainly don’t want a few last-minute details to ruin all of your hard work.
We’ve put together some tips based on the most common things brides forget to bring or do on their big day. Be sure to refer back to this list as you do your final planning and packing.
11 Things Brides Forget to Bring on Wedding Day
- Toasting glasses and cake knife
- Gifts for your bridal party, parents, ushers, etc.
- Comfortable shoes for later in the evening
- Overnight bag for the wedding night or honeymoon
- Underwear/clothes for the wedding, including a garter if you plan to wear one
- Emergency Kit, including band aids, thread and needle, safety pins, etc.
- Touchup Kit: put someone in charge of checking you for touch ups who will also keep your touchup kit handy. Between happy tears and weather conditions, things happen and can wreak havoc on your hair and makeup.
- Photo props, including invitations for your photographer
- Marriage License
- Special Accessories, like Grandma’s necklace, your favorite perfume, etc.
7 Things Brides Forget to Do on Wedding Day
- EAT! Have a close friend or family member to help remind you to snack throughout the day and don’t forget to enjoy the beautiful catered meal you planned at the reception.
- Charge your phone: Yup, it happens more than you think! Bring an extra charger or opt for an extra battery pack because your phone may be used a lot. You may have vital information saved on your phone (like background music or a slideshow); you wouldn’t want it to die right in the middle of your big night.
- Favorite playlist: Don’t forget to play this while getting dressed.
- Practice your vows: You don’t necessarily have to memorize them, but it will help you read them smoothly by practicing in advance!
- Live in the moment: You’ve waited a lifetime for this day, so breathe and enjoy every moment of it. Allow yourself to feel all the emotions of the day and soak in each second.
- Tip vendors: You paid the bills, but it’s easy to forget the tips with all the excitement of the day. Appoint a trusted friend or family member to tip all the vendors on your behalf.
- Clean up: Additionally, appoint someone to help clean up and get any special things from the reception. You’ll be saying goodbyes and riding off into the sunset, so you will need someone to focus on taking all your belongings from the reception.
Keep these 18 things in mind as you prepare for your wedding day. What other items would you add to the list?
And for help with New England event rentals, give us a call at Sperry Tents Seacoast!