No matter if you’ve lived in Maine all your life or if you’ve visited once or twice, you already know that Southern Maine is the... Read More
No matter if you’ve lived in Maine all your life or if you’ve visited once or twice, you already know that Southern Maine is the perfect location for your dream wedding.
From the quintessential coastlines to pristine mountains to gorgeous gardens, the backdrops are endless for any wedding style or budget.
Here’s how to create your dream wedding in Southern Maine:
- Choose the time of year
- Choose your venue
- Consider the logistics
Choose the time of year
Depending on your wedding theme and how you want your big day to look and feel, there are a number of considerations to make for the timing of your Southern Maine wedding.
Maine has four distinct seasons to keep in mind:
- Spring: Warming up from Maine’s cold winters takes some time, so spring days can often be hit or miss: either mild or with a winter chill in the air .
- Summer: Though considered mild by the standards of summers elsewhere in the US, Maine does have about two weeks in July – August that are typically hotter than the rest of the gorgeous summer.
- Fall: Well known for leaf peeping season, autumn in Maine is both beautiful and brisk. It will likely be comfortable for your wedding during the day, with an chill at night.
- Winter: Maine winters are nothing to scoff at, with temperatures that reach below freezing from November all the way through April. However, an all-white winter wedding can be magical against the snow.
Choose your venue
Regardless of location, one of the first things you’ll need to do is choose your venue. In Southern Maine, you can pick from any number of styles and settings.
From a glamorous ballroom to a relaxed state park to an intimate oceanfront venue, the choices are seemingly endless.
Start by considering your wedding must-haves, like an outdoor event or next to your favorite ski lodge. Then hone down your options based on those priorities.
In Southern Maine, a few of our favorite wedding venues include:
- Backyard weddings
- Bald Peak Colony Club
- Breakwater Inn & Spa (another)
- Chebeague Island Inn (another)
- Cunningham Farm
- Hidden Pond
- Inn by the Sea
- Prouts Neck Country Club
- Sunningdale Lodge
- The Viewpoint Hotel
Consider the logistics
The details are endless when planning any wedding, but here are a few key logistics for your Southern Maine wedding.
Feast on Maine cuisine
From seafood to locally brewed beer, Maine has a lot of unique food and drinks for your guests to enjoy.
Try incorporating some staple items – or go wild with an entire menu! – to call attention to the beautiful place you’d chosen for your wedding.
Maine marriage license
In Maine, cities and towns are able to issue marriage licenses, so you can acquire yours in the town where you reside or in any town if you and your fiance aren’t residents.
Maine event rentals
No event is complete without the perfect event details – and your wedding day is no different. Event rentals are ideal, as they allow you to use the right elements without the hassle of purchasing everything yourself.
The Southern Maine coast has an incredible amount of perfect wedding day options for you and your fiance. Consider these tips for creating your dream wedding!