Event rentals can be tricky if you’re planning a wedding or event for the first time. You may not know what you need - or... Read More
Event rentals can be tricky if you’re planning a wedding or event for the first time. You may not know what you need – or don’t need – until it’s too late.
Never fear, we’re here to help guide you so that you plan for all the event rentals you need for an incredible event. Here’s how to determine what rentals you’ll need for your first event or wedding.
What’s included in your venue?
First things first, get your venue booked. Many venues offer rentals – either included with your booking or in addition to. For example, the venue may include all the chairs and tables you need for your guests, but you need to handle any other rentals yourself.
What does your caterer include?
Since you did your due diligence with your caterer by asking the right questions upfront, you’ll know what your caterer includes when you hire them. Having the conversation about what’s included early on will give you an idea of what you’ll need for the big day. For instance, there may be certain areas that they don’t cover, such as chafing dishes or beverage service.
What do you want to offer your guests?
Now that you have two major items checked off your event list – the venue and the caterer – it’s time to hone in on what kind of event you want to have. By deciding what mood you want to set, activities there will be, and so on, you’ll be able to determine what rentals you’ll need. For starters:
- Is your ceremony space just as you want it? (You’ll likely need an arbor rental and chair rentals.)
- Is your venue outdoors? (You may want to rent a tent.)
- Will there be music? If so, do you want a DJ or a band? (You may need to rent a stage and/or a dance floor.)
- Do you plan on offering a cocktail hour or serving a full meal? (This will affect what type of table and chair rentals you will need.)
- Does your event take place at night or indoors, where you need additional lighting? (You’ll need to make lighting rentals.)
- Does your event venue or caterer include linens, dishware, flatware, etc.? (If not, you’ll need to rent them.)
- What doesn’t your caterer include for your food and meal needs? (You’ll need to rent any additional catering dishes or utensils.)
Work with the right company
Last, but certainly not least, choose the right event rental company to work with. A reputable event rental company will help you work through the process by ensuring your vision and design style is met, you have the right number of rentals for the number of guests at your event, and you have all the rentals based on your venue.
There’s a lot to think about when it comes to your wedding or event rentals. And that’s why we’re here to help – contact us at Sperry Tents Seacoast for your New England event rental!