Sure, being single has its perks—but all the excitement and uncertainty can't beat the comfort of knowing that the man you're with is the real... Read More
Sure, being single has its perks—but all the excitement and uncertainty can’t beat the comfort of knowing that the man you’re with is the real deal.By Brie Schwartz
1. You have a built-in wingman who you can drag to awkward dinner parties and weddings.
2. No more waking up in a post-night-out panic, reaching for your phone, and praying you didn’t booty-text your ex.
3. Having an adult to watch Frozen with—and knowing he’s not just doing it to get in your pants. He actually learned the Elsa parts.
4. Being able to “accidentally” toot in front of your guy without feeling like you’re about to die a slow, humiliating death.
5. Going to a bar and knowing the man you’re taking home will 100-percent-guaranteed call you the next day.
6. Eating Cheetos in bed next to someone who’s legally obligated not to judge you. So what if the orange dust gets on your face and the sheets?
7. You have someone to hold your hair back after too many margaritas with the girls, and he’ll even make you an egg and cheese sandwich when you can’t move the next morning.
8. You can make the delivery minimum without having to order three Diet Cokes.
9. You only have to shave your legs on special occasions.
10. If you have a bratty temper tantrum, he won’t just dump you on a whim.
11. You have a roommate who’s programmed to tell you that you look “slammin’” before you leave the house.
12. You can try out an advanced bedroom maneuver without worrying about what you look like, or being embarrassed when it turns out to be anything but sexy.
13. If he gets you a terrible gift, you can return it, if not guilt-free then with less guilt. Because let’s be honest, there are times when it’s not just the thought that counts.
14. You can stop pretending to like football. If he needs you, you’ll be in the other room marathoning Broad City.
15. Your perfectly lovely birthday party won’t be ruined when your crush doesn’t show up.
16. You’ve already taken care of teaching him to kiss to your liking.
17. You get to sleep with your BFF every night.
18. You always have someone to sing karaoke duets with, and everyone wants to hear another rendition of “Summer Nights,” obviously.
19. You’re allowed to wake him up in the middle of the night if you have a nightmare, especially if it’s because he insisted on watching True Detective right before bed.
20. There’s someone who knows you more intimately than anyone else, understands all of your quirks, has seen you at your most disgusting, and still wants to be with you.
Brie Schwartz is newly married to an accepting husband who encourages her to—or at least lets her—write about his quirky traits. They share a studio apartment in New York City, which has taught her invaluable lessons about patience and communication. Though they don’t have children yet, they do watch a lot of baby videos on YouTube.
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.