Rachel Zoe has been a bride once - and a bridal stylist too many times to count - so she knows what it takes to... Read More
Rachel Zoe has been a bride once – and a bridal stylist
too many times to count – so she knows what it takes to make sure the big day goes off without a hitch. Here are her eight pro tips for a flawless wedding day.
- Make sure to carry a snack.
“Definitely keep a little snack in your bag, along with gum and mints. You’re going to be talking to 700 people that night, and you’re not going to eat for many, many, many hours.”
- Save the Champagne for the reception.
“I would not recommend drinking alcohol until the actual party. I’ve just seen so many brides faint.”
- Road-test your wedding dress.
“You need to actually wear it for a few hours.”
- The same thing goes for your shoes.
“It’s really important to break in the shoes that you’re going to be wearing.”
- Bring a comfy pair of shoes you can change into after the ceremony and the pictures.
“Have the ones that you’re walking down the aisle in, and then, if you’re not gonna see them, just switch to the comfortable ones.”
- Every bride needs a veil. Or a tiara!
“Nobody’s too cool to wear a veil or a tiara. Like, I would wear a tiara right now if I could.”
- Set some time aside for reflection.
“Make sure, after you say your vows and after the ceremony, to go in a room and spend 10 minutes alone together and recognize what just happened.”
- Remember to enjoy yourself!
“Brides get so stressed out. You should live for being the bride and just have a magical night.”