Located at 655 Walnut Hill Road in North Yarmouth Maine The Barn on Walnut hill sits on four estate-like acres 20 minutes north of Portland. The... Read More
Located at 655 Walnut Hill Road in North Yarmouth Maine The Barn on Walnut hill sits on four estate-like acres 20 minutes north of Portland. The Barn on Walnut Hill is a rare venue that incorporates an exceptional event space and gracious accommodations on one property.
The post and beam barn, built in 1887 and meticulously restored in 2009 to preserve the original structure’s authentic charm, offers 1,750 square feet of entertaining space. Wrought-iron chandeliers and dragonfly-etched sconces radiate a warm elegance throughout. The former chicken coop, fully open to the barn, is home to The Bar on Walnut Hill, which is fashioned from reclaimed barn wood. Cozy up to a vintage tractor-seat barstool to order a favorite draught—of your choosing—on tap.Two pairs of French doors, accessible through both the barn and bar, open onto a granite patio and manicured grounds dotted with perennial gardens—or to dinner and cocktail tents should you choose to have them.
- Originally built in 1887, restored in 2009
- 1,750 square feet of entertaining space
- Accommodates 200 guests for a standing reception or 130 guests seated and served (keeping the center aisle open for dancing)
- Granite patio for outdoor cocktail reception
- Soaring ceilings crowned by a cupola
- Separately powered to accommodate sound systems, extra lighting and other necessities
- Heated and/or air conditioned
- Attached bar with vintage tractor-seat barstools and a dual-tap system
- 10 ft. x 20 ft. stage available for use
- Three farm tables made out of reclaimed barn wood available for use
Imbued with classic Maine style, the sophisticated 3,000 square foot farmhouse, profiled in two nationally published design magazines, offers fully furnished accommodations for out-of-town guests that are delightfully serene and romantic. The professional kitchen and butler’s pantry are stocked and invite use. For those who choose to leave their whisks and aprons at home, The Barn on Walnut Hill’s own Chef Debrah Rodriguez Gaspardi is available to prepare meals for private parties.
- Three floors
- Five bedrooms: one king, three queens, two twins and one full-sized futon
- Comfortably sleeps twelve guests
- Professional kitchen with attached butler’s pantry
- Formal dining and living rooms
- Great room
- Laundry room
- Two porches: one covered, one open
- Dinnerware for as many as 24 guests for a rehearsal dinner and/or Sunday brunch available for use
On four manicured, estate-like acres you will find space for dinner and cocktail tents, room for play, perennial gardens, a private woodland sanctuary, a paddle tennis court for spirited competition and an over-sized deck accessorized with a wood burning chiminea, gas grill and a wrought iron table and chairs.
- Four acres of manicured grounds complete with perennial gardens and open fields suitable for dinner, cocktail and wedding tents, outdoor ceremonies
- Private woodland sanctuary that can accommodate 200 guests
- Paddle tennis court