httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdELauQuJ64 As many of you know TODAY Families in Transition’s is in the running for a new car from Toyota in their 100 Cars for... Read More
As many of you know TODAY Families in Transition’s is in the running for a new car from Toyota in their 100 Cars for Good campaign.
I am emailing you on behalf of the Board, the staff and the families we support asking for your help today. This is a true “Social Media” campaign and all of the voting will take place on Facebook. I know some of you have personal and business FB accounts and some of you have never been on Facebook! No matter how “social” you are (or are not) you can help us today.
Here is what I’m asking you to do today but most importantly – TODAY (we only get ONE DAY to vote so we need to burn up our networks today):
- Share this link with friends/family/strangers via email, text, Facebook posts – http://apps.facebook.com/carsforgood/?d=2011-07-13 (this is the link to our voting page)
- Post reminders/pleas for votes on your Facebook pages today
- Ask friends/business contacts with Facebook pages to post as well. If you have kids, friends, family members, etc. who are on FB, if they can post a message, or send a message via FB to their contacts that will be a big help. Personal pleas from people to their FB network will help more than you know.
- Send reminders to friends/contacts
- If you use Twitter, tweet today with this link http://bit.ly/mBwiC4 and the hashtag #100cars
Here’s a sample message that you can personalize:
On Wednesday, July 13, Families in Transition, a great nonprofit that supports homeless families has a chance to win a new car! Lack of reliable transportation is a major barrier facing the homeless, making it difficult to access critical services and resources. Through the Toyota 100 Cars for Good Facebook contest, Families in Transition has a one in five chance of winning, but we need the most votes to make it happen! Please help by voting TODAY and sharing this message/link http://apps.facebook.com/carsforgood/?d=2011-07-13 with friends and asking them to vote. We can only vote TODAY and the most votes on that day win a car. It only takes 30 seconds to vote and you will be making a world of difference for the children and families FIT supports. We can’t do this alone, and we need your help.
Last year FIT transported people we support over 65,000 miles.. in only the Manchester/Concord area and we are down at least one car because it is so old and tired it won’t pass inspection. Winning this car would make a big difference.
On behalf of the Board, the staff at FIT and the people we support, thank you all for you help today.
Please feel free to call Michelle at FIT (603-254-7841) with questions.
Thank you in advance for your help!